• Hire a reputable mover or rent a moving truck. Be sure to get referrals or references, check with the Better Business Bureau,
get estimates, purchase moving insurance.
• Two weeks before moving day, contact your telephone, electric, gas, cable/satellite, refuse and water companies to set a specific
date when service will be discontinued. Contact utilities companies in your new town about service start dates, including
Internet & long distance telephone services.
• Notify healthcare professionals (doctors, dentists, veterinarians) of your move and ask for referrals and record transfers.
• Register children for school and ask for school records to be transferred.
• Notify lawn service, cleaning and security companies when service should be terminated.
• Advise the post office, publications and correspondents of change of address and date of move.
• Check your homeowner's insurance and make arrangements for new coverage.